Friday, January 02, 2009

[Lifestyles] The New York City Subway Journey.


I hate the morning rush. It’s full of crowded trains, rude people and constant delays. I really do not understand how I used to do it when I was going to high school back in the day. I remember the time where I was rushing to school on the 3 train and as I entered the Utica Avenue train station, I was surprised how half of the express 4 train was half empty. As I rush to get a seat, the smell of feces and all other kinds of funk hit me right in the face. Man, I was faced with the dilemma of getting a sit and having to deal with smell, or going into another train car and standing all the way. So, I pretty much covered my nose as I sat on the far edge of the car. The things people have to do to get a seat, I tell you what…


As I reentered the education force, waking up at the butt crack of dawn to lugging around a bag of books everywhere, I had relearn how to deal with people. The first week of school was the worst. Every morning and afternoon there was some nut walking back and forth talking about some jargon that I didn’t want to hear. Lucky for me that I had my Mp3 player to drown out the noise, except for that one time where I had to curse this woman out! While going from point A to point B can be a nightmare in itself, some many people are just plain rude for no reason at all.




With rumor of more increases in fares, I wonder when they are going to use some of that money to make the morning journey more pleasurable.


Kenny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, Public transportation in the hood is just the worse..PERIOD. Hell, I heard the Suburbs is startin' to get crazier by the minute, too. There have been MANY times I've had to cuss folks out and damn near snapped folks NECKS on the bus. Thank GOD for an ipod but sometimes, even THAT don't work.

XIRUS said...

i just watched this clip and it makes me miss the morning commutes from jersey city to staten island daily. imagine 1 bus, 3 trains and a boat to get to work each day. NICE! NOT REALLY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails